Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Family is a Family and That's That

Families are not just people that live in your house.  Families are people that you love.  I have a couple of people in my family that aren't really in our family, but we consider them in our family because we love them... or they are really good friends.

I know families that have 2 moms or 2 dads.  I also know a family that has a dad and 2 moms.  I know families that have kids and families that don't have kids.  I know families that have a lot of pets and their pets are considered family.  Just like we consider Thor, Hui, Ozzi and Keiyo to be part of our family.

Families are nice to have so that you are not alone and you can be protected.  Even if you don't like your parents, you still need them.  I love my parents and someday even if you don't like your parents, they will be as important to you as they are to me.  I have a cousin who lives in Australia but was born in New Zealand.  Although I consider him closer family than my cousin, me, my dad and my mom all call him my big brother.  I have uncles and aunts from all over the world.  I have a couple other cousins, like my aunt's twins.  The twins mother, my aunt, is from Japan.  Their dad is my Uncle Chris, who is my dad's best friend.  I consider my friend, Emmy, to be my family because she is a really good friend.  I have other really good friends, named Grant and Andrew, who I consider my family.  My Grandpa was in the Army and then when he retired from the Army he was a dentist and a couple weeks ago he retired from being a dentist.  My Grandmom, Nana, has a farm and lives with my Grandpa; they have border collies and sheep.  They also have cats and chickens.

Sometimes your family is far away and sometimes your family is really close.  When they are close, it is really nice because you get to spend more time with them because they are not that far away. When your family is far away, it might be nice for some families, but not nice for others.  I would like it if Jake, me and my Aunt Kiki were closer together.

Your family is not just the people in your house, it is anyone who you love. Nobody can tell you who you love because it is your life and you may not love the person who they say you love.  Nobody can tell you that a family has to be a mom, a dad and two kids.  Some families can have no kids, some families can have one kid and so on.  Nobody can control you on who you love or what you can do or what you can't do, unless it is something stupid that your parents can take care of (like give me ice cream or something).  A family is a family and you can't judge them.

4 comments:

  1. so sweet!!! almost make me cry. we love you, ryko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our family and I'm glad that you do too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is like mine! Mine live in places like Asia, Australia, and Alaska! BTW, LOVE all of your blog posts and looking forward to see what is happening in the school year! <:

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did we find this child? !!!!
    So wise beyond your years, Ryko.
    our family is full of unconditional love that seems to grow as we embrace each other.
    When Adam was a baby, I didn't think I could love anyone as much as I did him. Then Jay came along and the love expanded. Then each of you came into our lives in one fashion or another. The love continues to grow with each new addition.

    ReplyDelete